Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First posting

Hey there.
Well, I am three days away from getting Hank Vom Eisbarteich so I figured I would start a blog to chronicle his maturation and also try to post solutions to problems that I encounter. Hank will be my first Deutsch Drahthaar so I am overly anticipating the privelage and challenge. He is from Vom Eisbarteich Kennels in my hometown of Watertown South Dakota. Gene and Lona Kluck are the owners and I have to say that I had been looking at Drahts for 10+ years and was considering getting a German Shorthair or Lab but when I met Gene,Lona and Cache and Katze (mutter and vatter), that all went out the door and it took me about five minutes to commit to getting one of their pups. The time and care and just outright passion they have for the breed is impressive to say the least! Not to mention that over the last seven weeks or so, Lona has put up with my daily questions and twice weekly visit sessions. I would have said enough is enough by now. Thanks Lona! I lived in South Dakota for 4 years and moved back to California for ten. I just returned to Watertown two months ago. I have been anticipating a dog for ten years since I had to sell my Shorthair, Hunter due to lack of hunting areas in the San Diego area. Back to Hank....The cost of a pup always shocked me a little but really the initial pup is only a small percentage of the total investment involved. By the time you buy all training tools and crates(one for car, one for house, and one for work) the pup is actually a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment